Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Sakae Sushi FTW

(Back dated post - 23rd March 2010)
I was going for my medical appt at SGH.  So after that I dropped by Sakae Sushi at Tiong Bahru Plaza. I m very early, if fact the outlet opens at 11.30am, I was there around 11.40am. Technically I am having late breakfast or brunch or watever lah...  I am famished becos I had not eaten anything since morning, only a slice of wholemeal bread.  So I flip thru the menu and I saw some new items.  Then I remembered that March they have a revamped menu.  So ok.. I will give it a try.  After a long decision, I ordered Maguro Tataki Salad, Lobster Salad Tofu and 1 plate of Edamame, 1 plate of soft shell crab sushi ( don rember exact name but is under Pink Plate) and another Pink plate of prawn sushi, forgotten the name and I never took picture, damn.

Below are what I have ordered for the new items.

 Maguro Tataki Salad - nice presentation and the slices of maguro is only cooked slightly on the outer layer and sprinkle with some seasoning, below the maguro is a scoop of mashed potato salad and I love the hard boiled egg too, the fresh raw veggies,  the stringy like thing is made from potato, the sauce is actually nice (dono wat exactly is made of though) and not too much till I get sick of it like the other dish below.

Lobster Tofu Salad - Personally I felt it was too overwhelming for me. Too much of the sauce (very saltish aftertaste, which is exact same sauce as the Maguro Tataki Salad.  Love the the tofu, makes me feel like i am eating pudding. LOL. On top of it is prawn roes and bits of mango. Nice.  But, can change the sauce to something else? It doesn't go well with the lobster meat which already has such a strong taste to it (wasabi was added in with mayo and mix with the lobster meat and also prawn roes, that's why it has a popping sensation in the mouth???)  Is good on its own w/o the sauce or maybe not too much of it.  My conclusion is either you share this with a friend or you DON'T order this together with the Maguro Tataki Salad.  I had to drink lots of green tea to wash it down =(

This is the Soft Shell crab sushi ( don rember exact name, paiseh).  This is simple and nice w/o a doubt.  So no need too much description.  This is fried so if you are watching your diet or whatsoever, share with someone, just nice.. one each :)

Phew, after a Solo Gastranomic Ochestra, I am a happy girl ! Hee ~ Guess how much I paid for?  My total bill was around $30+ (inclusive of GST) and after using my Sakae member card for rebate, I only paid around $2+!!  Mad worth it lah !!  Faster go and be a member now and u are entitled to 1 complimentary green tea which you can refill with hot water at the side.  Go ! Go ! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feed My Fishes By Clicking In The Box

DISCLAIMER

Here is just a place for me to share my happiness, sadness, some of my opinions, ideas, suggestions and to vent my anger. It may not necessary please everybody but at least to somebody. I do not take responsibility if any issues occur if you take my words too seriously or literally but that doesn't mean I am a liar or an idiot. I do not expect people to post insults or verbally abuse me here, just because he/she do not agree with what I have posted here.